Sunday, June 3, 2012

Jacpot Has Prepared Me The Best He Can For My Run

This Friday I will be leaving  and saying goodbye to Jacpot for the weekend, and I will be running without him.  Jacpot has gone on many runs with me this last year keeping me company as I he motivated me with his enthusiasm (and constant nagging me that he needs exercise) to help me prepare for my 100 mile race.  Unfortunately the race does not allow dogs (Jacpot doesn't get it) and he has to stay home. 

The race is the San Diego 100 Mile Endurance Run and I found out this week that they may be putting live updates of the runners, (or close to live) on their website.  If interested in following my progress (assuming they are able to post it) on the web, on go to:  http://www.sandiego100.com/

The race starts this Saturday June 9th at 7:00 A.M. and they may start posting the runner updates an hour or two after the start.  The link is right below the picture and says "Live Cast Runner Tracking."  I expect the run to take me about 26 hours, but the ultimate goal is to just finish, as you never know what can happen over 100 miles.  A week ago Monday, I injured my foot, therefore I have not run for 2 weeks (YIKES!)  after plenty of rest it is feeling better.  All  I can do is  keep my fingers crossed it will be okay by this Saturday.
After looking at Aid Station times from last year's runners, I have come up with my aid station goal times based on my middle of the pack level, but due to cell phone coverage in the mountains they may not update from all stations.    The rows highlighted in yellow are stations accessible by the crews.  My wife Cindy, and friends Steve and Teresa will be my support crew.  Teresa is going to run part of the course with me as my pacer starting at Aid Staion #11.

I am #99 if they list by bib #
Aid Station Miles
#1 Meadows 7.4 No Est.
#2 Red Tail 13.8 9:30 A.M.
#3 Todd's 18.6 10:30 A.M.
#4 Penny Pines #1 23.6 11:35 A.M.
#5 Pine Creek #1 ? No Est.
#6 Pine Creek #2 ? No Est.
#7 Pioneer Mail #1 44 5:30 P.M.
#8 Sunrise #1 51.3 7:00 P.M.
#9 Stonewall Mine 58.9 8:50 P.M.
#10 Paso Picacho 64.2 10:40 P.M.
#11 Sweetwater 72.3 12:40 A.M.
#12 Sunrise #2 80.3 2:45 A.M.
#13 Pioneer Mail #2 87.5 4:55 A.M.
#14 Penny Pines #2 91.5 6:20 A.M.
#15 Rat Hole 96.3 7:40 A.M.
Finish 100 8:50 A.M.

1 comment:

Finn said...

Wow, best of luck to you!